Friday, April 6, 2012

It Gets Better

Wednesday night I was on a panel with some of my friends who are gay and out and help me run USGA. My friend Brandon and I have been doing this for the last two years (ish), but it's always been in individual classes. This week I came out to way more than the 600 students that were in attendance at this panel. I'm gonna talk about how I felt, not word for word what happened. If you want that please click here.

It was absolutely exhilarating! At one point Adam and I answered a question about our future and ha talked about how one day he hopes that he and his husband and his children will be coming to church as a family. He got a round of applause! At the end I bore my testimony about the love that I know that God has for every single person in that room and the love and acceptance I know he has for me as a lesbian that will end up with another woman. I got a standing ovation and I started to bawl my face off. It was so amazing!

If you want to continue the message I started please watch this video and then pass it on.


Bridey J.

2 comments:

  1. Great video! And I read the transcript of the panel - it's clear it was awesome. Wish I could have attended.

    I saw this video posted on FB, but it was captioned "Don't judge me just because I sin differently than you" from General Conference. I understood the sentiment but it was pretty poorly put. Did my best to set the record straight. :)

    ReplyDelete