Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20

A look back at how my 2011 went. I know everybody who has a blog is probably doing one of these, so I won't feel bad if you think "not another one" and skip right on to the next one.

I have this unfortunate habit of thinking in terms of school years, or sometimes how old I am at the time. And since neither the first day of school, nor my birthday, happen on December 31/January 1 (although my friend's birthday does) it's sometimes a bit hard for be to think back on a year in terms of the calendar year. But you ARE my favorite reader (don't tell the other's, they'll get jealous) so I'll try just for you ;)

January:
It started out at a new years eve party and we turned on the Glee soundtrack to bug my brother. So the first 30 minutes of 2011 were amazingly awesome. But it ended in the crazy hospital for a week, so who knows where this is headed.

February:
It's shorter than the other months. I've always wondered if this gave it a complex. I got a new roommate from BYU-H. She turned out to be amazing and took pictures of everything :)

March:
This month always gets lost in a blur of midterms and depression, so I bought a ukulele to help me make it through the winter.

April:
I was introduced to Doctor Who so catching up on that kinda of took over my world. Life has never been the same and I am not complaining one bit :D

May:
I started my blog! I realize I don't write as much as I would like, but it's good to know that I'm getting my voice out there somehow. I also accidentally came out to most of my family via this blog, but they have been so amazing, so it's all good.

June:
I rekindled an old childhood friendship via Facebook that has turned out to be nothing but amazing (I love you!) and I made it through my first semester teaching statistics. I've never stayed in Utah past April before, so it was an adventure. I was drained by the end, but it was worth it.

July:
First year that aerial fireworks were allowed in Provo, so of course people in my apartment complex were shooting them off well into the night. This wasn't so bad except the swamp cooler pulled in the smoky air from outside and the fire alarm kept going off all night long. I slept through it all though.

August:
I somehow officially inherited USGA.

September:
School started again, and I was quite optimistic, given the awesomeness of the previous school year. Unfortunately my roommates saw to it that life would be quite miserable.

October:
The beginning of this month is kind of a blur...but I do remember that I cut the head off a jello bear for my birthday and I dyed my hair blue. Also my friends and I were Amy Pond, River Song, and The Doctor for Halloween :)


November:
Circling the Wagons in SLC --> lots of new friends. So many late night parties with my friends. Passing out fliers and getting in trouble. Spent Thanksgiving with the extended family here in Utah, and got to eat real food.

December:
As a reward for not dying by now I went home to visit my family. I also finally read "The Hunger Games".


Overall it was a good year. It had some really rough patches, but I'm still alive, and kickin'.

2012...prepare to get your ass kicked.

~Bridey J

2 comments:

  1. You teach Stats? Any tips on the right mindset for a beginner in the discipline?

    Also, I can't help but be puzzled at you inheriting the United States Golf Association. Maybe I had to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Blik: I'm not sure about tips for stats. I'm am tutoring this semester, if you ever need help.

    As for USGA...go to the top of the page and read the tab with this name on it. That should clear some things up for you :)

    ReplyDelete