Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tender Mercies

Last night my friends and I went out for some late night ice cream. Seriously, out of nowhere, this girl comes up to me and asks "are you Bridey Jensen". I was very confused, but answered in the affirmative, as it is the truth. She told me that she was in one of the classes that I went and spoke to, about being lesbian and Mormon at BYU. She said she has a friend up here (meaning BYU) who is gay and just needs something else. She wanted to come to USGA so I gladly gave her the info. At this point she got a little choked up and thanked us over and over for the things we were doing (meaning talking to classes and USGA and such). She said she knows a lot of people who need what we're doing, and that whether we know it or not we are saving lives.

There are times where I wonder if what I'm doing makes a difference at all. Then things like this happen and it makes me so happy. Thank you, kind stranger, for reminding me that the things I do matter to someone.

~Bridey J

No comments:

Post a Comment