Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Live For Thursdays


So I'm not sure if anyone could tell by my writing or not, but I only live Friday though Wednesday just so I can get to Thursdays. This is not to say that the rest of the week is just not worth living, but USGA is where I feel alive. I love walking in and seeing the room filled to the edge people. I know I don't interact much (the burden of an introvert), and most people just see me as the person in charge, but I feel like it's my family. This is what I was looking for since I came to BYU, and now I'm the reason it's still around. It's where I feel happy, and at peace. It's where I get my extra boost for the week. I often think it's the way I was taught I should feel when I go to church, but I don't think people would like it if I said "I know the homos are true". I have watched it grow since almost the beginning, and there are so many new faces and so many people supporting us that can't make it on Thursdays. It's amazing all the lives I know we touch.

I hear other say they feel this way too. I know that some people plan their whole class and work schedules around Thursday nights. I've often wanted to ask everyone to write a little something about what USGA means to them and then make it a book. Maybe that can be our next class project. ;)

~Bridey J

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a great post Bridey. Thanks for writing what we are all saying in our heads every day and screaming in our heads on Thursdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. USGA is a big reason I'm staying in Utah for now. Even though I'm kind of anti social sometimes the support is helpful. Its nice to be around people who are dealing with similar struggles. When I say struggles I don't mean same sex struggles ;). So thanks for what you do for a poor bloke, me.

    ReplyDelete